This article will provide you with a guide on how to unsubscribe from Spotify Premium.
What is Spotify?
It is a streaming service with music and podcasts, launched in Sweden in 2006 and now available in 92 countries and has approximately 300 million users per month and 130 million subscribers. Spotify has the largest number of users in the world, and the service accounts for 36% of the market.
The service provides access to more than 50 million tracks, including 1 million podcasts, and 4 million playlists for free or with a Spotify Premium subscription, which allows you to listen to music without advertising, offline, and an improved quality.
Of course, Spotify would not be the market leader if it did not have strengths. The most important advantages include:
- Spotify users praise the service for its algorithm of personalized music recommendations based on the listener’s tastes, which works with the help of artificial intelligence and adapts to listening, saving, and liking. The service offers recommendations in four formats: Spotify Radio (playlists based on a song, artist, or playlist that the user likes), Release Radar (does not allow to miss new releases of artists that the user often listens to or may like), Daily Mix (a combination of the user’s favorite music with tracks that potentially suit his tastes) and Discover Weekly (fresh music selected based on the user’s listening history).
- Spotify has a large selection of podcasts from other music platforms, some of which can be listened to exclusively on this service. From September 1, 2020, The Joe Rogan Experience will be released exclusively on Spotify and will be available for both paid subscribers and the free version.
- Spotify also has very strong radio stations that are based on your individual preferences. You can create a station not only by genre, playlist, or artist but also by a separate track.
- Synchronization is very convenient in the service. You can start listening to a track on one device and continue from the same place on another. You can also turn on music on your computer and at the same time control the player from your smartphone.
- With Spotify you can follow the performances of artists – on their pages are published concert dates. You can also see the number of monthly listeners.
Instruction on how to unsubscribe from Spotify Premium
Unsubscribing from Spotify Premium is a simple task. However, this feature is not available in mobile applications on both iPhone (iOS) and Android. The user must perform the procedure through the service’s website in the browser.
- The first thing you need to do is open the user profile;
- On this page, go to the “Subscription Management” section and click the “View your settings”;
- Just below this option is a headline that asks if you’re sure you want to unsubscribe. If you are sure, click on the “Click here to go to the cancellation page”;
- At this point, Spotify will ask you the reason, choose the reason from the list that prompted you to unsubscribe;
- After clicking the unsubscribe button, you will open a confirmation screen. When you click the button and confirm your identity with a password, you get a limited account. That is, you will go into free mode.